21 April 2017

Talk "How can I protect my Business Idea?"

Jane Lambert











I have been holding patent clinics around the country for many years and the most frequently asked question is "How can I protect my business idea?"

There is no easy answer because it depends on the nature of your business and the type of idea. For instance, a patent may afford the most extensive protection for a new product or process but if the costs of patenting, insuring and policing the are likely to outweigh the income likely to be generated from the invention you would be better off looking at other forms of legal protection.

It is for that reason that I am giving a talk at Barnsley Business and Innovation Centre (BBIC) entitled
How can I protect my Business Idea?
on 9 May 2017 between 12:15 and 13:15.

I will 
  • introduce you to all the tools in the legal toolbox such as patents, trade secrecy, unregistered design rights, trade marks et cetera; 
  • tell you the advantages and disadvantages of each type of protection; 
  •  explain how to get each type of IP and how much it will cost; 
  • give you some useful tips about insurance, watch services and enforcement; 
  • advise you on the different types of IP professional, where to find them, how to instruct them and how much they are likely to cost; and finally,
  • share a methodology for working out an IP strategy.
There is likely to be quite a lot of demand for places so call George or any of his colleagues on 020 7404 5252 to book your place as soon as possible,

No comments: